- recapitulates the genesis of the lighting tool;
- re-states the goals of the mandatory disclosure policy regime; and,
- establishes tests for measuring the lighting tool against stated public policy goals.
The submission concludes that the proposed tool does not meet the stated goals of the legislation, which are to:
- inform tenants of likely energy efficiency in tenancies available on the market; and,
- maximise energy efficiency of tenancies on the market through making information available to prospective tenants.
Consequently, the Property Council recommends the Australian Government discontinue its
plans to include a tenancy performance tool in its mandatory disclosure regime.