The Property Council has called on the Federal government to use the 2010-2011 budget to:
- lower taxes;
- increase liquidity;
- slash red tape;
- modernise investment management rules;
- increase infrastructure investment and improve strategic planning;
- increase green incentives;
- improve housing delivery; and
- introduce reform across a range of policy areas.
These measures will result in a budget that delivers:
- a return to strong ongoing economic growth;
- low inflation and stable interest rates;
- a public policy reform framework for long-term sustainable growth; and
- programs that build community capacity and better balance social, environmental and economic objectives.