This submission makes the following recommendations to the Government in relation to infrastructure levies:
- Acknowledge the limitations of existing Government policy.
- Establish a clear policy framework and criteria for assessing preferred infrastructure funding methods.
- Consult with the industry on funding methods and institute a public review of development levies and infrastructure funding.
- Consider alternative infrastructure funding methods.
- No levies should be used for backlog infrastructure.
- Regulate the use of planning agreements by state agencies to provide certainty of process.
- Force local councils to expend unspent section 94 local development contributions.