Pre-Budget Submission 2010: Modernise Investment Management Rules
This chapter urges the Federal Government to:
- create flexible A-REIT unit holder distribution rules and eliminate uncertainty over ‘active/passive income’;
- end the thin cap rule penalty for property trusts;
- increase access to more foreign treaty tax benefits;
- remove the CGT penalty on trust restructures;
- create simpler, more meaningful capital raising documentation; and
- simplify GST rules and end the margin scheme confusion.