An impressive body of work has seen Mossop Construction + Interiors named Master Builder of the Year – Commercial Builder 2012.
The third generation South Australian family company took out the coveted title at the MBA’s Building Excellence Awards held on Friday (August 17).
It was the highlight of the evening for Mossop which won a total of seven awards and commendations at the premier MBA industry event and the Australian Steel Institute’s SA awards held separately.
Mossop’s list of awards and commendations included:
• MBA Master Builder of the Year – Commercial Builder 2012
• MBA Joint Winner – Excellence in a Commercial/Industrial Building ($2m-$5m) for the Adelaide Convention Centre’s Regatta’s Restaurant
• MBA Award Winner – Excellence in a Commercial/Industrial Building ($10m-$20m) for the Christian Brothers College Junior Campus
• MBA Commendation – Excellence in a Commercial/Industrial building ($5m-$10m) for the Boral Hindmarsh office building
• MBA Commendation – Excellence in a Commercial Fit-out for Hills Industries’ corporate office fit-out
• ASI Award Winner – Buildings (Small Projects) Steel Design for Regatta’s Bar and Bistro
• ASI High Commendation – Buildings (Large Projects) Steel Design for Flinders University School of Medicine.
The judges at the MBA awards commented that Mossop “demonstrated excellent building prowess across all of their entries. They clearly showed their ability to resolve multiple and varied building and design related challenges and, as a result, have many happy clients.
Of note is their execution of complex and challenging detailing and being able to rise to various building complexities is obviously one of their fortes.”
Mossop Construction + Interiors Managing Director Mr Neil Mossop said the award wins recognised the company’s commitment to high quality work and client satisfaction. “To come away with several awards including Commercial Builder of the Year was an exceptional result for everyone at Mossop and our clients,” he said.
Established in 1979, Mossop Construction + Interiors has grown into one of the largest building companies based solely in South Australia with turnover around $100 million and employing 105 staff.