Sturt Land has received government approval for its $200m mixed-use development located on the former Mayfield Electrics factory site in Adelaide’s city centre.
Named New Mayfield in honour of the site’s industrial heritage, it will be the first to commence development under the State Government’s new planning laws.
Bordering Sturt, Gilbert, Norman and Myers Streets, the 7500 square metre master planned community will combine innovative design with a healthy mix of retail and residential apartments.
Key features of New Mayfield include:
• 3 residential buildings varying from 10 to 14 storeys in height
• 427 apartments – a mix of one, two and three bedroom properties
• 4 levels of underground car parking
• Residents-only rooftop swimming pool and recreational facilities
• Community zones including an integrated village square with public art installations and water features
• 3500 square metres of ground-floor retail, food & beverage and outdoor dining spaces
• Designed by award winning Adelaide architectural firm Woods Bagot
• Landscape design by Adelaide-based firm Oxigen
Sturt Land and government bodies are also committing to spend in excess of $6 million towards public area upgrades and activation of the surrounding streets including:
• Planting of 80+ mature trees and additional vegetation
• Creation of more public meeting spaces
• Designated bicycle lanes
• Improved pedestrian access and wider footpaths
• Improved linkages to the Central Market and surrounding parkland
An extension of the tram line along Sturt Street is also proposed.
Regarded as an exemplar project by the Integrated Design Commissioner and State Government Architect, developer Sturt Land is working collaboratively with the State Government and Adelaide City Council to deliver this landmark regeneration project.
“Adelaide is in need of regeneration that transforms the city centre into an attractive and liveable destination; more inner city living is essential in order to unlock Adelaide’s full potential as a vibrant 21st Century city. New Mayfield is the first step towards achieving that,” said Sturt Land director, David Bertram.
For sales enquiries regarding New Mayfield, please contact 1300 761 479 or visit www.newmayfield.com.au.