The Property Council has released its WA Budget Submission for 2011-12. The Property Council is calling on the State Government to use the State Budget to address the big issues in the WA property sector, including:
- Incentivising the residential real estate market,
- Improving market efficiency by slashing transaction taxes,
- Easing the land tax squeeze by broadening the tax base,
- The urgent need for a State Tax Review to kick-start reform,
- Incentives to upgrade commercial building environmental standards, &
- Tax initiatives to support Perth’s urban growth plan – Directions 2031.