The Property Council has finalised its submission on the Queensland Government’s Climate Change: Adaptation for Queensland (Issues Paper).
The Issues Paper focuses on creating a resilient Queensland, in the face of changing climatic conditions.
Our submission focuses on:
• Adaptation and innovation as opposed to retreat and avoidance in planning for climate change impacts
• Sequence of release of climate change policy documents
• Relationship to the draft Queensland Coastal Plan
• The economic impacts of adaptation
• Role of local government in adaptation
• Relationship to the Queensland Floods Commission of Inquiry.
The Property Council’s submission on Climate Change: Adaptation for Queensland can be downloaded here.