The Prime Minister's Task Group on Energy Efficiency is looking for strategies to deliver a step change in energy efficiency across all sectors.
Our recommendations to the Task Group included seven programs that will deliver step change energy savings in the property sector:
- accelerated (green) depreciation;
- an energy efficiency (white) certificate incentive scheme;
- expansion of the Green Building Fund and Australian Carbon Trust programs;
- the Green Building Initiative (a tune-up program);
- expansion of MEPS to commercial building plant and equipment;
- residential incentives; and
- greater support for distributed generation.